Biodegradable Coil Cleaners
What is an Industrial Coil Cleaner?
An industrial coil cleaner is a chemical that safely cleans and brightens air-cooled condensers, permanent air filters, evaporator coils, window units and any other finned cooling/heating coils or equipment.
Why do you Need to Clean Coils?
Air-cooled condensers, evaporator coils and other finned cooling and heating coils can become coated and clogged with organic and inorganic deposits such as oils, calcium, dust, dirt and other deposits.
This contamination will, in turn, cause the coil to lose efficiency in the form of increased energy consumption, loss of air flow and a decrease in indoor air quality. Cleaning your coils a minimum of twice per year will restore your efficiencies and extend the useful life of your equipment.
How to Clean Industrial Coils
Several safety tools and precautions are necessary before beginning any coil cleaning procedure:
- Protective clothing
- Any tools needed to remove tough debris (project specific)
An industrial coil cleaning project typically involves the following steps*:
- Make sure to shut off all equipment prior to cleaning any industrial coils.
- Apply with a low pressure plastic sprayer or a low pressure foaming plastic sprayer or applicator. If a thick, penetrating foam is desired, apply with a foaming applicator. If the deposits are light, a standard low pressure sprayer or spray bottle will be adequate.
- Prepare cleaning solution by mixing one part RYDALL CC with two parts of water.
- Spray cleaning solution onto dirty coils or surfaces and allow it to remain in contact with the dirty surfaces for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and return the system to service.
- If the coil is not cleaned to satisfaction, repeat the cleaning procedure.
- Thoroughly rinse out sprayer, its spraying wand and nozzle with water.
*IMPORTANT: This section does not apply to all industrial coil cleaning procedures. Please read any manuals and follow the instructions provided by the manufacture of any products you are using.
Difference Between Industrial Coil Cleaners and Biodegradable Coil Cleaners
A biodegradable coil cleaner is comprised of a chemical compound that makes it safe to dispose without special handling. The best biodegradable coil cleaners can be disposed of in a plant sewer or other acceptable waste water facility without any extra protocols.
Make sure that any coil cleaner you choose to use is biodegradable before disposing of in a regular water system. Even if you think a coil cleaner is biodegradable you should double-check before disposal.
Non-biodegradeable coil cleaners may require special disposal. Please refer to the manufacturer regarding any questions about non-biodegradeable coil cleaner chemical disposal.
RYDALL CC provides a faster, more effective and safer solution to your coil cleaning needs. Use RYDALL CC to remove the toughest build-up from your coils or other finned equipment and restore your critical equipment to its original efficiency. The next time you need a coil cleaner, reach for RYDALL CC!
RYDALL CC Features:
- Deep penetrating, foaming cleaner
- Low odor acid-based formulation
- Biodegradable & non-corrosive
- Safe on all roofing materials
- Indoor and outdoor usage
- Removes oxidation and brightens
- Safer than HF-based cleaners
For more than 80 years, Apex Engineering has manufactured some of the most trusted brands for removing scale from boilers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, condensers, chillers, and so much more. If you have further questions pertaining to the effectiveness of “The World’s Leading Biodegradable Descaler,” RYDLYME, please feel free to contact our main office.
RYDLYME The World’s Leading Biodegradable Descaler
For more than 80 years, RYDLYME has been the most trusted brand for removing scale from boilers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, condensers, chillers, and so much more. If you have further questions pertaining to the effectiveness of “The World’s Leading Biodegradable Descaler,” RYDLYME, please feel free to contact our main office.